Followers

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

glad to be alive

Another beautiful day of “glad to be alive” moments. The anticipation of a close four-legged friend ready to bound out the door on her daily morning walk (when deep in her consciousness she has her sights set on that “wondrous” piece of fat so thoughtfully left on the street for her). The faint guilt felt when walking by those less fortunate than myself, waiting in front of the soup kitchen for their daily handouts … I say guilt since I realize that having the means to feed a pet is unfathomable to most teaming in front of the building. Then there’s the work that awaits me… work that promises to keep me busy and keep my bills paid and meet my own need for food and drink.The peace that comes from knowing I have a bed to sleep in, too much stuff for my essential needs, and the very real urge to do with less. How many people can say that they actually dream of having less. Not very many I’m afraid.

1 comment: